Robert Warren, reputable attorney based in Brooklyn, finds that outsourcing his transcription tasks to a professional legal transcription company is far better than hiring a transcriptionist to perform the job in-house or getting a freelancer to do it. In fact, with a reliable service provider as a partner, Mr. Warren knows he is assured of the confidentiality of his legal documents with online transcription.
In this type transcription, a transcriptionist transcribes audio recordings by directly accessing a client’s system or server with his/her permission and the whole transcription process is performed real-time on the client’s system. This type of transcription process offers many benefits over other methods.
Why Online Transcription is a Feasible Option
• Experts who won’t let you down – An online transcription company has a team of expert transcriptionists who can meet your demands promptly. For instance, Mr. Warren finds that unlike freelance or in-house transcriptionists, these professionals are well-versed in legal terminology and jargon, allowing them to accurately transcribe files relating to legal pleadings, real estate, insurance, workers compensation, licensing appeals and arbitrations. Regardless of the file format - audio CD, WAV, digital, tape, MP3, MP4, DSS, or cassettes - they can provide excellent transcription solutions to meet the requirements of clients.
• Enhanced Quality and Accuracy – When transcription is done online, you can review the transcripts after they are completed. Errors can be identified and corrected. If you don’t have the time for that, the transcription company can help with this task by assigning the task to their team of skilled and experienced editors, proofreaders and quality assurance specialists. Established companies offer a 3-level quality check to assure 99% accuracy in legal transcripts.
• Services to meet your specific needs – Most established transcription companies offer customized online transcription solutions with customized turnaround time. By relying on their services, you won’t need to recruit and train new staff for doing transcription tasks in your office, an option that can increase your costs. Since the entire transcription process is done on your system or server, you have tight control over it as the information never leaves your system.
• Minimal operating expenses – By contracting transcription tasks to a professional online transcription company, you can save on 30-40% on your operational costs. This is because you would not have to invest in hiring skilled manpower and purchase transcription equipment (hardware or software) for your office.
• Eliminates downtime – Downtime in transcription means the inability to transcribe and deliver complete legal records within the specified turnaround time frame because technical issues. In traditional transcription, such issues can occur when the transcription process depends on the interfacing system that links the transcription service provider and the client’s system. If the client’s system fails, the whole transcription task is disrupted and it impacts the communication between the service provider and the client. When you switch to online transcription, there is no need of interfacing solution and thus eliminates down time.
• Assured Security – In the case of physicians, online documentation solutions help ensure HIPAA compliance, Real-time online transcription is assured of HIPAA compliance as all the transcription is done directly into the healthcare facility’s information system with no date ever leaving it.
Online Transcription Solutions for All Types of Businesses
Many professional transcription firms provide excellent online transcription services that cover areas such as:
• Business meetings
• Conference and seminars
• Depositions and hearings
• Podcasts and webcasts
• Interviews and lectures
• Webinars, radio shows, and much more
To maximize your benefits, do your research and find an online transcription company that work as an extension to your firm, rather than just an outsourcing service provider.
Article Source: http://www.zimbio.com/General+and+Legal+Transcription/articles/-TqEnyn7zVw/Overview+Online+Transcription+Benefits?add=True