Vast industry experience: Always look for legal transcription companies with considerable experience and a successful track record. A legal transcription outsourcing firm that has years of industry experience and a reputable track record can deliver quality legal transcription services. Check to see whether the legal transcription service provider has the capability to meet the requirements of your legal practice.
• Comprehensive legal transcription solutions: Find out whether the company you are considering can delivers comprehensive legal transcription services for all types of legal documents – motions, legal pleadings, testimonies, arbitrations, briefs, subpoenas, minutes of meeting, proceedings at meetings/conferences, telephone conversations, notes, general correspondence, mediation briefs, legal examinations, court transcripts, client tapes, sworn statements, summons, wire tapes, interviews, and more.
• Professional transcription team: A professional legal transcription firm would utilize state-of-the-art transcription technology and infrastructure. It would also have a team of trained and highly skilled transcribers with in-depth knowledge in legal terminology and methods.
• Quality assurance: Make sure that the company has a QA team that can ensure top level accuracy for the final transcripts. This expertise will ensure that your legal documentation is accurate and effectively managed.
• Services in customized turnaround time: Reliable legal transcription services are those that are delivered in time to meet your legal deadlines. Make sure that the company you partner is sensitive to your time constraints.
• Document flow management: A proper document flow management system will allow end-to-end tracking of your files. You can make corrections and edit them even as the work is in progress.
• Documents in the required format: The company should be able to process your documents in the required format such as Word, XML, HTML, and so on. The formatted documents can then be electronically processed for access into (EMR) Electronic Medical Records or other Management Information System (MIS).
• Flexible and Secure Options: Dictation options such as toll-free telephone and digital recording should be available so that you can choose the one you find convenient. Also, the legal transcription outsourcing company must ensure confidentiality when handling your precious legal data with secure modes of file transfer such as FTP (File Transfer Protocol), secure browser-based interfaces and encrypted email.
• Customized solutions: The service provider should be able to provide you with customized legal transcription services. For instance, services should be available for both domestically and internationally, so that you choose the option you prefer.
• Round-the-clock support: 24/7/365 support is extremely useful.
• Cost: Last but not least, make sure that the legal transcription company can offer you services at affordable rates that ensure significant cost savings.
Ask for the references from the legal transcription companies you have short- listed. Evaluate them based on all of the above factors to choose the right legal transcription company.